Comprehensive fee includes:
- a planning session with the teacher(s) to discuss program objectives, curriculum, expectations,
program design and special needs or concerns
- a teacher's planning guide
- three (3) daytime program periods (2½ hours each) plus our popular "Survival Game", all led by our instructors
- two (2) evening programs - campfire, and night hike (1½ hours each)
- low student to instructor ratio - your group will be assigned one of our instructors for every 10-12 students
- two (2) nights accommodation
- six (6) wholesome meals made with fresh ingredients and local produce, served family style, and nutritious snacks
- people with special dietary needs are given individual attention and alternate menu options. Please note: our facility prohibits any foods with nuts or traces of nuts.
- exclusive use of the site and facilities (only one group in residence at a time)
- complimentary use of sports equipment (basketball, volleyball, soccer, broomball, lacrosse, frisbee, skis, snowshoes, crazy carpets) for use during free time
- teachers/parent volunteers free of charge at a ratio of one adult for every six students
- high-speed wireless internet access - teachers can bring their laptops and check their email
- and coffee is always on during the daytime for adults!
Cost for a 2½ day (2-night) visit:
|Month||25 - 39 students
(Minimum group charge of 25 students)
|40 - 59
|60 - 79
|80 or more
|September & October||$165/student||$155/student||$145/student||$135/student|
|November to March||$145/student||$135/student||$125/student||$115/student|
|May & June
** Note: Minimum 40 Students or more to book in peak season
|As a registered charity, our outdoor education bookings are HST exempt.|
One adult (teacher/parent volunteer) free for every 6 students attending (i.e. 1 adult free per cabin). Additional adults are welcome, but will be subject to a rate of $80/person. Contact the camp for details.
Realizing with smaller class sizes it can be difficult to obtain our 25 or 40 student minimums for your class trip, we are introducing Partnership Pricing, a cost savings per student if you are able to partner with another school to visit our facility. Please call for details
1½ Day (1-night) Bookings (available during short weeks)
One night visits are available during short weeks (before or after statutory holidays), or during non-peak times. Because 2½ day residential bookings are given priority, shorter 1-night bookings must be booked around them. Contact the camp for availability.
- Tues/Wed after Thanksgiving
- Mon/Tues prior to Good Friday
- Tues/Wed after Easter
- Tues/Wed after Victoria Day
- Mon/Tues prior to a PA Day
- non-peak times such as 1st week of September, late November, December
Cost per student for a 1-night booking is $100/student, minimum 25 students ($95/student for 40+ students)
Day Bookings (available during non-peak periods)
During our kitchen renovation, we will offer a 10% discount to schools who book a day visit at our Outdoor Centre in Lakefield between Nov 15, 2012 - Jan 15, 2013. (Groups bring own bag lunch)
Contact the camp for availability.
Day bookings are available at our Outdoor Centre in Lakefield in late November, anytime in December, over March break, and occasionally during other non-peak times of the year (e.g. first week of September, first week of January, etc.) Since 2½ day residential bookings are given priority and exclusive use of the facilities, day bookings must be booked around them. Day bookings at our Environment Centre are available year-round.
Cost per student for day bookings at our Outdoor Centre in Lakefield are:
- $25/student - Basic Day Rate.
- $30/student - Adventure Programming Rate
Adventure activities include climbing wall, ropes course, canoeing, kayaking, leadership programming, etc where more staff are required to cover activities.
Minimum charge of 25 students. Adults are free.
Weekend or 1-week Bookings
Weekend bookings are a great alternative for secondary school, college, or university groups.
We also welcome 1-week bookings. Contact the camp for pricing