Preparing your kid for Summer Camp
We strive to provide a rich and wonderful camping experience for all campers. We want your child to have a safe and happy time while at Camp Kawartha. Below, please find information to help prepare your kid for his or her arrival and stay at camp.
Packing Lists for your kid
For clothing labels, please visit http://www.kawartha.lovablelabels.ca to purchase Lovable Labels – a fun way to personally identify all your children’s belongings when they visit camp, including labels, stickers, bag tags, bracelets and books. 20% of all sales will go to support our ongoing activities.
Arrival & Departure Info
- Head Lice Check - be sure to do a head lice check at home prior to arrival. Children found to have head lice on arrival will not be allowed to enter camp until the matter has been resolved.
- Camper Code of Conduct - be sure to review this thoroughly with your children before arriving at camp.
- Arrival and Departure Times - if your child will be arriving late or needs to be picked up early, be sure to contact the main office or let your cousellor know upon arrival
- Camp Souvenirs - check out our giftshop page for items available for purchase on arrival or departure day. Want a special surprise gift for your child upon arrival? Use our pre-order form and we will deliver it to your child’s cabin as a special gift during their time at camp.
- GPS Directions & Google Maps
All residential camp sessions take place at our camp in Lakefield.
For Day Camp, be sure to check the location of your child's day camp session.
Please refer to the article Preventing Homesickness written by our Executive Director and published in the Peterborough Kids Magazine.
Transportation to and from camp is the responsibility of parents and guardians. Here are some useful contacts:
- Nearest major airport is Pearson International Airport in Toronto;
- Nearest VIA Rail station is in Cobourg;
- Nearest Greyhound Bus station is in Peterborough;
- Taxi service between Peterborough and Camp Kawartha is available through Village Taxi at 705-652-8294.
Forms are in PDF format and require the free Acrobat Reader to open and print. If your computer does not already have Acrobat Reader, click the "Get Adobe Reader" button. If you are unable to print any of the forms, we will gladly fax or mail them out to you upon request.