- ages 7-14, co-ed
- 4-day/3-night session (Session N)
- Dates, Rates & Availability
This unique camp blends our highly regarded nature programming with recreation, adventure and games in a jam-packed 4 day/3 night session.
Our nature-based programming for this camp session is endorsed by Ontario Nature.
- Our traditional camp activities such as canoeing, windsurfing, kayaking, drama, climbing wall, traditional skills and more
- Dramatized hikes depicting a year in the life of squirrels, chickadees and other animals
- A nature theme and associated activities for each day
- An eco-puppet show
- Exploring natural areas such as our fen wetland, our mature deciduous forest and meadows.
- Our famous all camp game called "Zing Tong"
- The unforgettable "Survival Game." Campers take on the role of an animal found in this area. Hiding from danger, finding food and water, avoiding disease and natural disasters, campers must try to survive for the duration of the game.
- Nature campfire with musicians and storytellers
- A visit by the Indian Reptile Zoo showcasing snapping turtles, lizards, crocodiles, snakes and many other reptiles and amphibians.
For 10 months of the year Camp Kawartha operates as an outdoor education centre. We specialize in delivering nature-based programming. Our nature camp capitalizes on our expertise and enthusiasm for teaching children about the outdoor world.
The session will be run by our experienced counsellors and led by our outdoor education staff. They are gearing up to provide a magical session full of laughter, fun and outdoor learning.
A Sample Day
- 7:00am - Loon Lunge, Animal Aerobics
- 8:00am - Breakfast
- 9:30am - Activity Period #1
- 11:00am - Activity Period #2
- 12:45pm - Lunch
- 1:45pm - Rest Period
- 2:30pm - Visit by the Indian River Reptile Zoo
- 3:00pm - Interest Choice Period (e.g. Eco Puppet Making, Animal Games, Forest Discovery Hike, Water World - an exploration of wetlands, Traditional Skills & The Edible Wild, Wonderful Wildflowers/Insects)
- 4:30pm - General Boat and Swim (GBS)
- 5:45pm - Supper
- 7:00pm - Recreation Period (Basketball, Volleyball, Bachi Ball, Horseshoes, Soccer, etc.)
- 7:30pm - Evening Program (Zing Tong, Nature Camp Fire, Eco-Puppet Show)
- 9:00pm - Ready for bed
- 9:30pm - Lights Out
"When you tug at a single thing in nature you find it attached to the rest of the world" - John Muir